« Home | "Our special teams need work big time after Saturd... » | This new divisional ACC alignment is takign some g... » | I meant to post this last night, but I was so exci... » | Happy first day of fall! » | I would like to go on record as saying that INXS m... » | I got home from Atlanta safe and sound. The girls... » | Hey! I'm Tiggerific! At least so says the mylar ... » | Bummer. I just got an email reminder about Rollin... » | I've been bad at blogging recently too. Work has ... » | Work got shut down today because of a power outage... »



So we lost to VT. We lost bad. Embarassingly bad. 51-7. The margin of victory over us is only one point less than the margin over both Duke and Ohio. At least we scored, I guess. There should be no more doubt however that VT has a definite shot at a National Title this year. I think they can easily win the ACC again if they play like they played today. GT, despite our miserable loss today, still has a decent chance to finish 5-3 in conference (with probable wins over NC State, Duke, Wake, and Clemson, and with probable losses at Miami and at UVA), which would leave us at 7-4 overall (assuming a loss at home to UGA - I hate the idea too, but let's be realistic). This makes us bowl eligible again at least, and places us in the top half of the ACC, perhaps sending us to another Humanitarian Bowl where we'll be able to extend out record of all time winningest bowl team over Nebraska (stupid Huskers...). The season is not lost, despite a miserable loss. Barring a monumental collapse on VT's part down the stretch, our shot at an ACC championship is probably down teh tubes. But if we study film and learn from the numerous mistakes made today, we can still put together a winning season. Maybe even go 8-3. However, should we fail to learn and wind up at 6-5, showing no improvement since Gailey took over, or god forbid under .500, I will, I swear it right here and now, be writing Dave Braine a letter demanding Gailey's resignation. I've said it over and over again, all I want to see is improvement. No improvement = no job. For now, let's just hope that this week was a fluke, that Reggie's absence from practice threw everything off, that VT is just flat out awesome, and that a week from Thursday, we'll annihilate NC State on ESPN Thursday Night.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker