« Home | I meant to post this last night, but I was so exci... » | Happy first day of fall! » | I would like to go on record as saying that INXS m... » | I got home from Atlanta safe and sound. The girls... » | Hey! I'm Tiggerific! At least so says the mylar ... » | Bummer. I just got an email reminder about Rollin... » | I've been bad at blogging recently too. Work has ... » | Work got shut down today because of a power outage... » | I understand that banks are not open on Sundays. ... » | Hooray for all new shows on Fox tonight! New Simp... »



This new divisional ACC alignment is takign some getting used to. I find myself rooting for teams I like, but that may be detrimental to our ACC title hopes if they win. For example, to help GT the most, I want teams in the other division to win over teams in our own divison. Today, NC State is beating UNC, which is good for us, but I just hate NC State so much that I want them to lose anyway. Last week I found myself rooting for hated Clemson because Miami is in our division. It's much different than I thought it was going to be, with a lot of unique quirks I hadn't anticipated. Obviously, the best thing we can do is just to win win win. But in case that isn't quite enough, it helps when other teams in our division lose lose lose to help push us up the standings. Also, I've been thinkign more about our #15 ranking. Yeah, we're 3-0, and a couple rookie players put together a good effort to beat UConn, but teh only big tiem team we've beaten is Auburn (and we don't really kn ow how good they are yet either considering who they've beaten). I just fear that GT hasn't really been tested yet. Our toughest win was at home against UNC (who isn't the easy-win whipping-boy they used to be, but is still not a powerhouse team). I'm afraid of going to Blacksburg today. We have talent, no question. We have a good defense capable of quick adjustments (thanks Mr. Tenuta!). We have a strong stable of running backs. We've got a couple good recievers. But VT has a lot of those things too, including a more mobile (not to mention healthier) QB than Reggie and/or Taylor Bennett. I think they're going to kill us on special teams (which we struggled with last week), and it will be all we can do to contain them on defense and try to put points on the board any way we can on offense. I just really hope it's a good game. Even a loss wouldn't be so bad as long as it's a close game and not a blowout. The only thing really going in our favor is that they struggled at NC State (who seems pretty evenly matched with UNC at the moment), and blew out two awful teams in Duke and Ohio. Hopefully their egos get the better of them and we can explot it. No one at GT is going to be stroking their egos over our sloppy victory against UConn. *crosses fingers* 15 minutes til kickoff! Here goes nothing! Yay college football! Also, GO JACKETS!!!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker