« Home | For as much as I begrudge certain electronics/comp... » | It is soooo cold in my office. I swear, tomorrow,... » | I would like to point out one more thing about the... » | I'm quite dissapointed by the lack of snow accumul... » | I knew as soon as I posted that that it would star... » | According to the weather radar, it's currently sno... » | I'm mad about our bowl game. As usual, we got scr... » | Happy big scary 25th birthday to my favorite cousi... » | Thanks to the construction crew across the street ... » | So cold... I wish I had worn a long sleeve shirt ... »



Congratulations to Emily, who finished the last classes of her undergraduate career today!! Now just a brutal week of final exams to get though, and then it's all over! Except for the 3 hour commencement ceremony with Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin... Whee! Gameboy/mp3 player to the rescue! I don't understand why GT can't get someone better, or more, I dunno, influential? I'm sure they Mayor of Atlanta sounds impressive, much as Georgia Governor sounded impressive at my graduation. But let's face facts: you're delivering a commencement speech to what basically amounts to a group of young engineers (and other technically-minded inviduals who may not be engineers) who aren't going to care what most politicians have to say. Either get someone from the 80s that we can all identify with (Mr. T, MC Hammer), someone who's become succesful with technology in the late 90s and didn't get obliterated by the dot-com bust (Google founders, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos), someone more-or-less universally revered and/or a national hero (John McCain, Willie Nelson, Neil Armstrong). How about Jimmy Carter? A public university in Georgia really can't book Jimmy Carter for 3 hours? He was just on the Daily Show... If Comedy Central can get him, I'm sure Georgia Tech could. Oh well, at least Shirley Franklin was never a dawg... (I'm still bitter about Sonny Purdue, can you tell?)

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker