« Home | I'm quite dissapointed by the lack of snow accumul... » | I knew as soon as I posted that that it would star... » | According to the weather radar, it's currently sno... » | I'm mad about our bowl game. As usual, we got scr... » | Happy big scary 25th birthday to my favorite cousi... » | Thanks to the construction crew across the street ... » | So cold... I wish I had worn a long sleeve shirt ... » | About time... While we're on the topic, can we ra... » | Where did November go? Tomorrow is the first day ... » | It's that time of year again: Help Gabe and Tycho... »



I would like to point out one more thing about the ACC's bowl scenario, and then I'll shut up. The ACC has 5 teams ranked in the BCS and 6 in the AP and USA Today: Miami, VT, FSU, GT, BC, and then Clemson is also ranked in the polls. Obviously FSU is the conference champ, so no arguement there. VT has the best record after them, so they're Gator-bound, fine. Miami has the next best record, they're in the Peach, so far everything's golden. Now it starts to get screwed up. Which remaining teams have the best conference records? BC and GT, tied at 5-3. Where are we going? Boise and San Francisco respectively. A good bowl game, close to home, is a reward for a team and for fans. Clearly, we are both being punished. BC had to know coming into the ACC, especially in their first year, that they were likely going to get screwed by geography. One of us should have gone to the Tangerine Bowl. Orlando hates our guts for some reason, and begrudgingly accepted us by default last year after UVA and Clemson removed themselves from consideration. So BC should go there this year. Then we should get the next available ACC bowl, in Charlotte. Instead, those bowls go to Clemson (4-4 and tied with UNC who isn't bowl elligible) and NC State. NC State? Really? They have a losing conference record (3-5), along with UVA (3-5), who also gets to stay closer to home in the Music City Bowl. What kind of insanity is this? Apparently, the way to get a good ACC Bowl game is to put together a losing conference record and make sure you're unranked at the end of the year. Before FSU decided to show up in Jacksonville and play the way they're expected to play and before VT decided it didn't want to play in a BCS game and just let FSU dominate them, we had our sights on a likely Peach Bowl (admittedly in the Redneck Dome) just down the street from Tech. You can't get any more close to home than that. I promise you a sold out Georgia Dome if GT is in the Peach Bowl again. Instead, we're almost as far away from home as possible (Honolulu hosts the Hawaii bowl) since the Seattle Bowl (which we have also played in) dissolved. Brian forwarded a good suggestion from The Hive - let's call up BC and stage our own bowl game. This is a perfect opportunity for me to promote my DC-based Bureaucracy Bowl. It's even roughly equidistant from Atlanta and Boston. It'd be a perfect new ACC tie-in rather than the Emerald Bowl. Okay. I'm done now.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker