« Home | The lake behind my office is froxen again except r... » | So one of the other projects on my floor is having... » | How to tell you're not quite awake yet: I went to... » | My car drives much more sprightly than I remember ... » | More graduation stuff: I got treated to a lot of ... » | It's been a long day already even though I've only... » | I cannot believe I just spent 5 minutes trying to ... » | It's good when you can't turn your head or lean ov... » | This is my house in 5 years. You only think I'm k... » | I would kill for some chocolate right now... The ... »



So I cut out of work early (shhhh! also, for most of the day, I was the only TSMS team member in the building) and was sitting on the couch watching Comedy Central's Last Laugh 2005. Yellowcard played on the show, and out of the corner of my eye, as soon as the song starts, I see a very familiar headbob. Now, I've seen Yellowcard a bunch of times from backstage on Warped Tour, so I didn't think much of it, I just attributed it to the fact that it's been a while since I've seen them play. But when the guitar solor hit, the camera pulled in tighter. No wonder the headbob looked so familiar! Ryan Mendez of Staring Back is playing for Yellowcard now! This is a fact which is slowly dawning on me that I already knew, but it was a nice memory jog nonetheless. Ryan is an immensely talented guitarist and songwriter, and I'm sure he will be a big factor in a lot of their new songs. Those guys go way back to the Santa Barbara days before Yellowcard bailed on their Lobster contract (note: I still refuse to take sides on that issue), so I'm glad for them that they've picked up someone with a lot of musical vision who I think will really help them out down the road. The only problem is that Ryan is a bit of a primadonna and always wants things done his way, so I hope that doesn't conflict with the band and blow up in anyone's face later on. In any case, yay for Ryan!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker