« Home | At long last, my pictures from Israel are availabl... » | I just read this article in the Post about black l... » | CMMI is the devil. For my team to become CMMI com... » | Will this month never end?? I swear, 10 days ago ... » | I found thing on Steph's LJ and tried it myself wi... » | Happy National Pie Day! Brought to you by the Ame... » | I DVRed THX 1138 in HD the other night and watched... » | In other news, I watched Greg Behrendt is Uncool t... » | More "I hate the post office" stuff: I ordered so... » | Too much work, not enough sleep... Since 10 am We... »



Many people are familiar with my theory that the worse a band is, the louder they play. Distortion and volume effects in the human ear cover up sloppy mistakes, lack of instrument proficiency, and overall suckiness. However, is the reverse true? The louder a band plays, the worse they are? In general, I would say yes, but is it causal? It's kind of like the chicken and egg debate. However, let's examine two of the bands who have held the Guiness World Record Book title of "Loudest Band on Earth:" Manowar and Motorhead. Certainly, loud bands have some good company. Now, I think you'd be hardpressed to accuse either band of suckiness. Therefore, loudness does not necessarily imply suckiness, but suckiness tends to produce loudness. This is a good thing, because it seems like I just can't listen to Undoing Ruin at a low volume. Come to think of it, I couldn't listen to any of Darkest Hour's records quietly. From the very first chords, you gotta crank the volume and bring the mosh.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker