« Home | Crap. I think I just broke my watch. I mean, I'v... » | The best part about my personnel manager being gon... » | I felt pretty crappy last night during Sonja's bir... » | I forgot to mention that Emily and I watched Brave... » | After a stressful week, I had a pretty relaxing we... » | Nothing beats having 2 Take 5s, some Jelly Bellys,... » | Because Haloscan won't let me use standard HTML ta... » | Also last night, we had Vocelli pizza. I keep see... » | Math according to Diesel Sweeties:Lonely = (Boring... » | Naturally, it got worse. I almost got in another ... »



Brief recap: I got a good raise this year. I'm getting put in for a promotion soon. The week ended better than it started. My car is behaing itself again.
Friday night Emily and I went down to the 'MCI' Center for one of the Caps last home games this season. They lost 4-3 to the Hurricanes, but there was a good amount of excitement right at the end when it looked like they might have a chance to tie it up. It was fun nonetheless, but I was totally bushed by the time we got home. Sustained loud noise will tire you out a lot faster than you might think. And no, it wasn't the loudspeakers or Metro rides, or the fans cheering. It was this woman sitting in front of us who I don't think watched more than 30 second of the actual game. She just talked non-stop to her two friends through the entire game. When she left with a handful of minutes still in the 3rd period, we werte elated! Finally! Peace and quiet!
It's been kind of cold and rainy the last couple days, and although we definitely needed teh rain, I wish it hadn't been so cold and windy too. Oh well. It's starting to warm up again. Hopefully it'll be nice next weekend for trip to the zoo.
Saturday we ran a couple errands, watched Dangerous Minds, and cleaned up the chinnies' cage. It's amazing how many times they can remake the same movie, and people will still go watch it. I mean, I know this isn't an earth-shattering concept. But isn't Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas essentially a copy of Danergous Minds, which was esentially a copy of Stand and Deliver? Maybe it's just me. Sunday was at least sunny, so we ventured outside again, albeit only to Safeway. That was followed up with LOTR:TTT for a good 3.5 hours, then playing with the girls, then bed time.
After today, it's going to be a pretty bust week I expect. Much like my busy weekend, though I don't feel like I got anything done. Except I did decide that since I got a good raise, I'm going to go ahead and get a new computer afterall. Here's what I'm thinking:
Asus A8N-E (socket 939, nforce ultra chipset, pci-e) mobo, Dual Core Athlon 64 3800+, 2GB Corsair PC3200 ram (dual channel), dual Seagate 160GB SATA drives (mirrored as a RAID 1 array). I haven't decided on a video card yet though. It's definitely going to be PCI-Express with an NVIDIA chipset and 256 MB onboard, but I haven't decided whether to go with the 6 or 7 series yet. It looks like it's going to run about $750 all said and done. Thoughts? I know I could buy something off the shelf with similar sepcs for that much. But you never know what kind of mobo or ram is in something like that. And you're likely to wind up with a lower grade video card that'll need to be replaced anyway. This way I know I've got quality components. Plus, I get the fun of assembling it myself!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker