« Home | You can tell emo is 100% played out when the lead ... » | So Apple TV started shipping yesterday. I'm intri... » | Yay Kimi! In his opening F1 race with Ferarri, Ki... » | No, this post is not about basketball. I just had... » | Commence the Madness! It's 12:00, brackets are lo... » | Damnation! My NCAA bracket gets more and more scr... » | "Scientists, scientists, please. Looking for some... » | It's been a busy past week. I actually did get so... » | Worst sentence fragment I've ever written: ...it i... » | Dammit, I left my chapstick at home. And my nose ... »



Yay new apartment! We got the keys and parking passes and all that other good stuff yesterday and are now in the dreaded moving process. I like unpacking because it appeals to my engineer brain of how things fit together. The packing part should do that too, but that part just sucks because nothing ever fits together. As I told my mom the other day, it's like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle, except someone mixed up all the pieces to a hundred different puzzles and then threw away all the boxes, and you have to make one big puzzle using every piece. Okay, so that's a pretty terrible metaphor, but it made sense at the time. Anyway, the moving part is no fun because it involves manual labor. Boo! Fortunately, we're trading help with Ben and I think a couple cousins are going to be helping us as well, so hopefully it should go fairly fast. Our new apartment is awesome so far though, we get a free permanent visitor pass and can get temporary passes for free! Emily and I are already (predictably) arguing about where to put furniture, and there isn't even any furniture in the place yet! I'm sure once we get it all in there it will be painfully obvious what we do and do not have room for and where things need to go and then we can just get rid of stuff. Hopefully someone will come claim my dining room table before Saturday (it's going to the dumpster otherwise). I'm personally less concerned about furniture than I am about all the other stuff that has to find a place to reside. *shrug* I'm sure it will all work out somehow.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker