« Home | Worst sentence fragment I've ever written: ...it i... » | Dammit, I left my chapstick at home. And my nose ... » | Mmmm, blueberry muffin. =) I got tired of eating... » | I just wrote what will hopefully be my last check ... » | Can I just say how dissapointed I've been recently... » | Last night I was looking for a new ring tone for m... » | It's been a busy past week. Last week I was just ... » | I've been thinking about Andy a lot recently. I'm... » | Nothing says Happy Valentines Day like the stomach... » | Grrr... It sure is hard to sleep with all this sl... »



It's been a busy past week. I actually did get some things packed, but I feel like I'm not making much progress. I am running out of stuf fin my fridge, which is good news, to a point. I don't like having nothing but the carb-heavy foods in my pantry around the apartment. *shrug* I took all my posters and stuff down, so my apartment looks emptier than it really is. Still lots to do before moving begins(exactly two weeks until then!).
Saturday I helped my dad put together his christmas present workbench. I'm actually very impressed at the amount of work he's put into getting the basement organized. Now he'll have his own little workshop area that he can mess up. It's even painted and the shelves are organized. I know my mother is the impetus behind the sudden organizational streak in my father, but he seems genuinely into it, and he's doing a fine job.
The weather's finally nice, though I'm heard rumors it's supposed to get cold again this weekend. Whatever. It's almost April which means it's almost time for it to stay warm for a while. I'm definitely ready to put my cords away until next winter.
Sunday Emily joined the family for a trip downtown to see Cats. In truth, Emily was already downtown at the Food and Wine Festival just up the street, so she met us at the Warner. Oh! And also, my family wasn't late! Another seemingly remarkable feat! In all fairness, they were on-time for the movie when we went to see Breach a few weeks ago, and last time the 4 of us went to Grandma's together we all left right on time. I'm very much in awe. Bever Standard Time is rapidly approaching synchronicity with real time. I'm not really sure I even know my parents anymore! Anyway, Cats was fun. I've never seen it before, although I halfway knew a couple songs. We had pretty good seats, so it was cool to be able to see the various costumes. I caught myself on several occasions paying more attention to the "extras" on stage who were just milling about and acting very much like I've seen real cats behave than to the person(s) actually singing.
I haven't been sleeping well recently, and it's certainly not for lack of trying. I think there's just too much going on at work and at home that my mind simply doesn't want to shutdown at night. Hopefully sometime in mid-April things will start to settle down a little. Maybe I'll just start taking 3 day weekends every week. I've got the vacation time to do it. It certainly would allow me to get more done at home. Maybe I'll have to float that by my manager tomorrow an dsee if that's kosher or not.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker