« Home | I read on CNN today that Alex the parrot died last... » | Busy busy busy. I started my class on Friday. So... » | I was on The Online today scanning ESPN and say a ... » | GTDC Flag Football schedule just came out and, as ... » | I had a pretty good weekend. I came home early on... » | » | Oro the hamster passed away quietly yesterday whil... » | For those of you with any interest in NCAA footbal... » | It is a sad commentary on the modern American spor... » | Happy first day of college! Suckers. Says the ma... »



The trip down to Atlanta this weekend was fine. The outgoing flight was delayed, as usual, so we didn't get to the hotel until midnight. No matter how much things change around campus, some things never will. On Sunday morning, sitting in the hotel lobby, I got hit up for money by a scam artist who was promptly chased away by hotel personnel. He wasn't very good anyway since his sob story was full of holes and really made very little sense. But it was generally a pretty good weekend. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Emily's parents came up and we had lunch at the OK Cafe with them and Emily's great aunt and uncle. We did a little tailgating with a couple of Emily's friends and her brother and his girlfriend. And we finally met their cairn terrier (like Toto) Layla. She's very friendly and loves attention (a good thing for a tailgate). Tech flat got outplayed by BC. Their O-line is awesome and completely stopped the Tech rush. Matt Ryan proved why he's the best QB in the ACC by picking apart every defensive zone we threw at him. It's dissapointing to lose, but at least we lost to a much better team and still had a glimmer of hope for most of the game. The officiating was pretty lousy, and it was frustrating to deal with on top of losing, but it's hardly the reason we lost. My flight back was fine, but I was exhausted and took a nap as soon as I walked in the door. And also, yesterday must have been national too-much-PDA-in-crowded-places day. Every place I went yesterday that there were a lot of people in close quarters (Marta, Hartsfield, National, Metro) it seemed like there was at least one couple who couldn't keep their hands and lips off each other. No one's going to object to holding hands or hugging or even a little kissing. But I'm pretty sure you don't need to be making out on the Metro at 4:30 pm when there's someone sitting less than a foot away from you. And you don't need to be stroking your girlfriend's bare arms until she shivers, then starting all over again for the entire ride to the airport on Marta. Or putting your hands in your boyfriend's back pockets standing in the middle of the gate area at the airport. I'm just saying. Get a room.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker