« Home | Last week I had to go to Groton unexpectedly and o... » | Pure genius! » | Any lingering hope of GT defending their Coastal D... » | Have I already complained about people who don't f... » | Merry Christmas! Oh, wait, that's not it. Though... » | Here's a few pictures from our most recent trip do... » | I had a pretty good day yesterday. I skipped out ... » | The end of last week was sort of a disaster at wor... » | [SPORTS_RANT]I'm starting to get really frustrated... » | I was just thinking about something that struck me... »



Busy busy busy. I started working out last week. It was unpleasant. But the good news is that my labwork came back and there's nothing seriously wrong with me. Even my cholesterol is well within the normal range. Yay! Bring on the bacon-wrapped steaks!
We're getting a new timecard system at work and a new expense reporting system to go along with it. They didn't roll out at the same time, but you have to know the new charge number formats to use the expense reporting system. Guess which one came out first? Yeah, the timecard app doesn't launch until 12/8. Doing my expense report for my trip to Groton was hella fun. Good news though - at least I'll know how to do it when I get back from my trip to Portsmouth next week. Even more good news - they're expecting snow flurries and highs in the low 30s while I'm there. Goodie goodie gumdrops... I'm not ready for winter yet.
Emily and I are headed down to Savannah for Thanksgiving and then across the state to Atlanta for some good old-fashioned hate. I'm not really that enthusiastic about our chances to win the game. UGA doesn't turn the ball over, and after starting the season strong in that department, we've gotten sloppy. Our defense still puts up great numbers, but, like last year, if the scoreboard starts to light up, we're in trouble. We aren't a strong offensive team and against UGA, we'd better home to keep their scoring in the teens if we want to have any chance of a W. In related news, we stomped their alumni in flag football for our 7th consecutive win. Only two 8-0 teams have a longer win streak than us and we lost to one of them. We're still only ranked 11th in the coaches poll, but I expect to move up. You'll note that I'm not talking about our varsity team's performance against UNC. Could that be because it was less of a performance and more of a train wreck? UNC should have won that game by 20 points. Sorry Tar Heels.
We have a new addition to the family. Emily brought home a hamster from a friend who didn't have the time for him. His name was Chewbacca, but Emily's decided to call him Charleston (as in Chew) instead. I'm trying really hard but I catch myself referring to him as Chewie on occasion. Apparently we're not allowed to have anything in the house named after Star Wars characters unless they're both puns and Mr. Potato Heads. We got a new cage for Zoey and Sonja who moved in last weekend. It took some time to work all the kinks out of it to the point where it's finally relatively quiet. They seem to be enjoying it so far. Daphne moved into their old cage last night and seems rather intimidated by the doubling of space. I'm sure she'll get used to it in no time though.
We bought wedding bands yesterday. It didn't take us that long to find something we both liked. I like my ring a lot and I'm genuinely excited to start wearing it around in a couple months. One more thing to cross off the list. We also made our reservations for our honeymoon in Malta last week. we're taking a delayed vacation in May rather than right after the wedding. The weather should be a little nicer and more things should be going on then too as we're arriving right at the beginning of their primary tourist season. We still need plane tickets, and those won't be cheap, but whatever, we're only getting married once, right? I haven't been this excited about wedding stuff in months! There's still a ton to do, but the list is slowly dwindling and I think it will all come together before the big day.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker