« Home | The end of last week was sort of a disaster at wor... » | [SPORTS_RANT]I'm starting to get really frustrated... » | I was just thinking about something that struck me... » | Rumors of my demise are greatly mildly exaggerated... » | Work's been pretty dead this week. Dave's on vaca... » | The trip down to Atlanta this weekend was fine. T... » | I read on CNN today that Alex the parrot died last... » | Busy busy busy. I started my class on Friday. So... » | I was on The Online today scanning ESPN and say a ... » | GTDC Flag Football schedule just came out and, as ... »



I had a pretty good day yesterday. I skipped out of work entirely and slept an extra two hours. That already makes it a great day. Then I went downtown and met my dad for lunch at the Hotel Washington. With the beautiful weather and great views of the White House and Washington Monument from the rooftop terrace cafe, it was a pretty nice place to have lunch. Then it was straight down Pennsylvania to the Capitol. There was a much larger crowd than I expected, and no protesters or pushy activisits to be found anywhere. I was shocked, relieved, and above all delighted to see that everyone had gathered to enjoy the celebration rather than to push a specific agenda. Probably the first time that's happened in a long long time in Washington. Anyway, we caught the tail end of the presentation of the Congressional Gold Medal and the Dalai Lama's address to Congress. Then we were treated to some Tibetan cultural events on the lawn stage, brief speeches by Richard Gere and Nancy Pelosi, and then an address by the Dalai Lama. He spoke primarily in Tibetan with a translator, which seem spretty common, although he does speak pretty understandable english as well. I'm not a buddhist, but there's something that just makes so much sense about that way of life. There's a serenity and compassion that's hard to ignore.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker