« Home | It has got to be 85 or 90 degrees in my office rig... » | I'm sorely dissapointed that the new American Glad... » | While helping to clean out some junk today, I came... » | Happy 2008!Emily and I had a great Christmas in Sa... » | As of 4 pm Thursday, I am officially on vacation u... » | They're not called the Criminoles for nothing. Th... » | So. Very. Tired... » | Is it too late to cancel Christmas? Or at least p... » | Some updated chin pictures, as promised.First off ... » | I had a decent trip last week up to Kittery for so... »



A couple interesting things I've learned the past couple days:
1) I fidget a lot (this is quite well known) while giving presentations (not so much). I caught myself on numerous occasions playing with my ID badge, pocket rivets on my jeans, and knife clip while giving a presentation to a group of Navy Chiefs and First Class POs. Whoops.
2) Apparently I've adopted enough of Dave's mannerisms to be noticeable to other people. Certainly modeling yourself after your mentor isn't a bad thing, but when other people call you out on having the same bad habits and epiphanic reactions to things, it's gets to be a little scary.
3) I'm awesome for my age. One of the aforementioned group of sailors (I'd guess age ranges from 25-35) asked how old I was after I finished my instruction period. I couldn't really read his reaction to me being 26, but it was certainly one of surprise. I didn't press the issue or ask why he was interested, but instead decided that he was impressed rather than appalled and I have therefore decided that I'm awesome rather than awful, if for no other reason than that I seriously need a pick me up this week.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker