« Home | Remember the Lexus commercial I railed about a cou... » | I've been meaning to post this for a while now. T... » | Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Student Loan N... » | Dear Activision and/or Metallica,Why does Guitar H... » | 5 minutes of automated voice prompts and 5 minutes... » | Does anyone have any info on sleep patterns? More... » | Friday morning at 8:55, I got a phone call from BO... » | Also, I'm sure you've noticed that I've been posti... » | Things have been busy busy busy. We close on our ... » | MLS# FX6963506, you're all mine! Er, ours!After s... »



Bank of America has this thing they call a Portfolio which allows you to import your various other accounts and they track your usage, and can auto-login to the other accounts and all that good stuff. They also handle rewards clubs and credit cards. So anyway, I've been using it for a long time to get a quick glance at all my finances all in one place. One of the features they offer is a "net worth" calculation that adds up all your liquid assets and then subtracts all your debts. This number is obviously not a true worth as it only considers liquid assets and not the material colatteral used to secure things like auto loans or mortgages. But if it steadily goes up, you're building wealth, and if it steadily goes down, you're leaking money like a sieve. So, after closing on our house, I went online one day to see how poor I was, and this is what greeted me. Very very depressing. But hey, I have a house to live in and a car to drive and a job to go to, so really, as depressing as that huge red bar is, I'm pretty fortunate.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker