« Home | Originally brought to my attention by no one less ... » | Is it wrong that I'm more excited about GoldenTusk... » | "Quick" NYC recap:I was born on Long Island, but w... » | With all this rain today, there must be a rainbow ... » | I've discovered my new favorite YouTube channel - ... » | Bank of America has this thing they call a Portfol... » | Remember the Lexus commercial I railed about a cou... » | I've been meaning to post this for a while now. T... » | Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Student Loan N... » | Dear Activision and/or Metallica,Why does Guitar H... »



Anyone remember their Trig and DiffEqs better than I do? Wanna help me with a problem? I have the following two equations:

A = asin(cos(X)*cos(Y))
B = atan(cos(X)*sin(Y)/(-sin(X)))

I know the values of A and B. I need to calculate values for X and Y. I tried some substitutions to simplify, but I just ended up with something uglier that I have no clue how to solve once I isolate a variable:

tan(B) = sin(A) * tan(Y) / (-sin(acos(sin(A)/cos(Y))))

Any suggestions?

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker