« Home | Okay, so I can't compete with my dad (who's taking... » | Tonight begins night 1 of my attempts to go to sle... » | I really need to stop looking at pictures of dogs.... » | I've decided that since Mr. T is no longer on TV t... » | Hot damn! Good work Lexus! I know this only occu... » | Depressing. 12.7% sounds like a lot, but most of ... » | After watching Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, I hav... » | Exciting discovery of the day: Clarence Moore is ... » | I've discovered that there is a positive correlati... » | Why am I so tired? I need to finish studying for ... »



~~~NERD ALERT~~~~~~NERD ALERT~~~~~~NERD ALERT~~~
Computer update: I flashed my BIOS last night with great success and upgraded the mainboard Promise UltraATA drivers to support 48-bit LBA addressing (for drives over 137GB). Now I don't need this ATA133 controller PCI card anymore (anyone want it?) and I don't have have to put up with the occasional bit loss from PCI bus conflicts with my sound card that makes my mp3s pause temporarily like a scratched CD. No more I say! Also, I am now running 2 NICs bridged for a 200Mbs connection to the router. I know that seems counterproductive with a cable connection only capable of 10Mbs, but I swear to you that my FTP downloads really are faster, though it's made an insignificant change to web browsing. Must tweak performance!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker