« Home | On Friday night, there was a lock-in deal at my un... » | This is part of the reason for a trip to Fairfax: ... » | Advance Notice:I will be in the Fairfax area from ... » | Insomnia, my arch-nemesis, has struck again... *s... » | I earned my dinner tonight! John and Tommy have h... » | Well, the unthinkable has happened. Yes, that's r... » | This sums it up pretty well, if only I had the gra... » | The most unlikely referrer link I've had yet: Para... » | Yet more good news: My parents' 25th wedding anni... » | More small-step-in-the-right-direction good news: ... »



Happy and sad... I finished off The Dark Tower V today before my nap. It is such a good story and it's actually interesting that it weaves in so many of Stephen King's other novels here and there, apparenty setting himself up for a cameo in a later edition. There was even a Harry Potter reference in this one! I just hope this doesn't get too Dickens-esque or it will get annoying. But now comes the hard wait until volume VI comes out. According to King's afterward, the final two books are already written and as of the publishing of Wolves of the Calla, both were at least in rough draft status. According to Amazon.com, Song of Susannah will be released June 8, so at least I don't want to wait too long for that one. And The Dark Tower is set for publication at the end September. Finishing all 7 books (I'm surprised it's not 19 or 99 books) is going to be quite sad, but I'm certain I could re-read them all over again, and knowing the eventual outcome, pick up a lot more clues in the story than I have this first time through.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker