« Home | Someone totally ripped off my idea!! » | Today I liberated my Playstation from storage, so ... » | In my 5 years of college, I never had a nightmare ... » | Yay for going to bed at midnight! Yay for going s... » | The Bezos/Creekman wedding was so nice even if it ... » | I've decided that I suffer from the sleeping disor... » | There's nothing funnier than aging punkers who kno... » | Life update: My uncle Bob met the Senior VP/Direc... » | Nothing says "good workout" like being unable to w... » | ~~~~~ Gamer Geek Alert ~~~~~~~~~~ Gamer Geek Alert... »



So I almost had good news today. I had a phone interview with a company based in Springfield, VA. It was going pretty well and it seemed like I had all the skills needed for the job and it actually involved some design work, not just lab testing/technician stuff. So I tried not to get my hopes up, especially after the HR guy said that I would need a security clearance. I should be able to get one, so that's not a big deal, but there's always a catch. He asks me if I would relocate. Assuming he meant from GA to VA, I say sure. After all the technical stuff is out of the way, we get into base pay. I'd be making about 40K to start until my clearance comes through. Then he said it could easily jump to 60K-100K because of the projects I'd be working on. Hot damn! Ready for the catch? After some initial training in Springfield, when my clearance comes through, I'd have to relocate to IRAQ!!! I'm trying not to be too picky about job location, but I'm sure as hell not moving to Iraq. This is what happens when I get my hopes up about a job... I wish he'd told me up front about the Iraq thing, because as it was, I feel like I just wasted 20 minutes of my life on a job possibility that no amount of money could convince me to take.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker