« Home | Life update: My uncle Bob met the Senior VP/Direc... » | Nothing says "good workout" like being unable to w... » | ~~~~~ Gamer Geek Alert ~~~~~~~~~~ Gamer Geek Alert... » | Last night I had dinner with Darren at Chili's. H... » | Why June is awesome (and why I will go broke):Step... » | And Georgia Tech dared to give me a D in Basic Che... » | Adam's Beef of the Day: I found this shampoo in t... » | From my nightly job discussion with my uncle:TOM: ... » | On the plus side, my basement room stays quite dar... » | The problem with insomnia is laying in bed once I'... »



There's nothing funnier than aging punkers who know they're too old to be playing west coast pop punk but are having too much fun to quit. Lagwagon, taking a page from NOFX's playbook, recorded Falling Apart for their Blaze record (released April 2003):

Hello, welcome to the show
Thought we broke up years ago
What's up, I just shit my pants
Gambled and I lost
Good times, just blew out my knee
I've fallen and I can't get up
Oh shit, I think I broke my back
Where's the wheelchair?
I'm old school
I'm played out
Osteoporosis, glaucoma and neurosis
The vultures circling above our balding heads

Second verse, the same as the first
I forgot the words again
Railer, lost my inhaler
Who's got a smoke for the Caper?
Hold on let me catch my breath
*guitar solo*
All right, I feel better now
Take it to the bridge

I'll never be Ozzy
On stage when I'm fifty
I'm gonna look like Elvis
By the time I'm forty
We're already bogus
We're already fading
We'll never be The Rolling Stones
I'm staying home

Dementia and senility
My failing muscles atrophy
I've lost all ability
Falling apart
Blue hair, brown teeth
Failing livers, defeat
Maybe we will try to pull it off
For another year


Sadly, Lagwagon will not be appearing on Warped this summer, neither will Me First, so who knows what blue-haired Joey Cape and the gang will be up to back in Santa Barbara... For your listening pleasure however, Warped is still bringing you a bunch of other aging west coast musicians: NOFX, Bad Religion, Lars and the Bastards, The Vandals, and Pulley. And for your non-geriatric listening pleasure, you should check out the following if they happen to be playing your town: The Aquabats, Avenged Sevenfold, The Bouncing Souls, Boys Night Out, Don't Look Down, 18 Visions, Flogging Molly, From Autumn to Ashes, TiNC, Yellowcard, Tiger Army, Stretch Arm Strong, Over It, Nor Am I, Staring Back, Nuclear Saturday, Amity, Age of Ruin, and Fly By Night. That is all.
I also have to get a little fanboyish right now because I gotta say that San Francisco will always hold a special place in my musical heart. It's where I met Ray Cappo (albeit with Shelter instead of the vastly superior Youth of Today) and Jason Sears. Jason showed up and dragged both Chris Rest and Flippin on stage to perform some RKL songs! *drool* Members of Youth of Today, RKL, Lagwagon, and all of Shelter were on my stage in San Francisco. Tampa, Atlanta, and Charlotte are special too, cause I met Shai Hulud for the first time in Atlanta, they played on our stage in Tampa, and Stretch Arm Strong tore Charlotte apart. Can you tell that I wish I was going on Warped Tour again this summer? It's just not something I can do again without being paid for it. Too much back strain, lack of sleep, stress, and late night driving without compensation. Fun as hell though.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker