« Home | So last night I uploaded all my Brickfest photos a... » | Good thing I didn't dawdle getting to work today. ... » | I've already gotten more done this morning that I ... » | This morning it hit me like a ton of bricks that E... » | I have been sooo busy at work this week. I figure... » | While I'm on the subject, have you seen new Big Ea... » | ******SPORTS-RELATED POST****** Since I've been th... » | So despite my insistence that RFK stadium sucks, w... » | Have you ever wanted to slash someone's tires beca... » | Well nuts, I forgot my coffee mug at home. *sigh* »



Companies should give employees "loved ones going away for 4 months leave." I mean, there's sick leave, personal leave, vacation, medical leave, blah blah blah. We only get PTO, and no questions asked about it. But there needs to be a special thing for situations like this. Think about the parents whose kid is going off to college for the first time, or who's youngest is finally leaving the nest, or the husband whose wife has been called up by the reserves for a 4 month (give or take 2 years) tour of duty. I really think this kind of thing makes sense. Part of me wanted to just take the whole day off and go curl back up in bed by myself and mope. But then the other more reasonable part wanted to come into work and be busy so I wouldn't have all day to just sit around and be depressed. So far the reasonable part is winning out, since I am actually at work (we'll see how much I actually get accomplished today...). Honestly, I kind of dread going home now since it will seem so empty and drab. Saying goodbye is always so hard...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker