« Home | Oh. My. God. You know how most companies allow em... » | I'm getting ready to leave work now. This is awes... » | I'm back from my trip to Norfolk. I think securit... » | In less irritating news, things are going pretty w... » | Today we ask a hypothetical question: If your job... » | Apparenty, there's no simple way to get your Miis ... » | I was excited yesterday when I read about the brig... » | Yay for free pizza! I love the fact that our prog... » | I forgot to take my allergy medicine this morning.... » | Hooray! My birthday present showed up on Saturday... »



Also today in the stupid things that annoy me category: Airline ticket prices. How are they determined and why do they make no sense? Sure, I understand that in general a flight on a Tuesday is going to be cheaper than one on a Friday. It makes sense that you would charge more for people going on weekend trips by upping the cost to leave friday night and return sunday night. I totally get that. But the timetable by which rates change for the same flights are ludicrous. Here's my new favorite example: Since my parents aren't coming down to Savannah, and I see no reason to spend an extra couple days in Atlanta while Emily visits her friends, I need a flight back to the DC area. Airtran 187 from ATL to DCA costs $174 if you buy it on their website. If however I want to fly from Savannah to National instead of out of Atlanta (which of course means I have to transfer in Atlanta), you can book Airtran 661 from SAV to ATL and Airtran 187 from ATL to DCA together for the outrageous cost of $94. Um, wait, to take the same flight as before, plus an extra flight, costs about half as much? I don't even know where to begin with all the things that don't make sense about that. No wonder airlines are all bankrupt...

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker