« Home | Note to self: it might be time to stop trusting th... » | It was a pretty good weekend all around. Saturday... » | It occured to me this morning that today marks the... » | While Emily was down in Savannah over the weekend,... » | Note to self: using dd to copy a dying disk is a ... » | I came across something amusing in an old notebook... » | It's been a long time coming, but while Emily was ... » | At long last, here are a few pictures from our tri... » | Mmmm, trail mix. =) » | I stopped taking my allergy medication a couple da... »



It must be getting close to back-to-school time. I was having a dream this morning about school and not being prepared for a couple major tests. It's funny that I've only ever had those dreams after graduating college. Certainly there were tests I was woefully unprepared for while still in school, but I never dreamed about them at the time. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a feeling of panic that I had forgotten to register for classes, but thinking that with school still a couple weeks away, it must be open enrollment, so I'd still have time to squeeze into a couple sections. Strange. Instead, I just got up and came into work.
In an unrelated story, on my way into work this morning, I saw a truck with Texas license plates and a big Pro-Life sticker on the bumper. Now, I have my own opinions on abortion, but since it's not likely to be a decision that I ever have to personally make (the chances of me getting pregnant are somewhat slim), my opinions are not really all that relevant. However, I was struck by the fact that this person had Texas plates and it got me thinking. In a state as historically pro-death-penalty as the Lone Star, are you an outcast for being pro-life? Furthermore, is there anyone who is pro-death-penalty for prisoners and pro-life for abortions? If so, I would love to talk to you because I'm extremely curious how you reconcile the two.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker