« Home | GD started blocking access to webmail today. *sig... » | Star Trek: The Experience closing down - CNN.com ... » | Oh snap! My dad is always right about these sorts... » | I finally got around to listening to the new Metal... » | Bring on The Fall! College football starts tonigh... » | I'm not sure if it's just residual hilarity left o... » | Emily and I have some exciting news! I know we ju... » | Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one o... » | A week ago, I had zero interest in watching the Ol... » | I spent a lot of yesterday watching the Olympics, ... »



The OKC Thunder? Are you serious? Is this a new WNBA team? Or perhaps an MLS team? No no, it's the new name of what used to be Seattle's NBA team. I thought men's professional sports had a ban on singular team names. Besides the Miami and Orlando expansion teams, and the Jazz (which should have left that name in New Orleans where it belongs), every other NBA team has a plural team name. NFL? All plural. MLB? All plural (if you consider "sox" plural at least). NHL? Again, except recent expansion teams, all plural. So is the new rule that only legacy teams get to be plural and new teams have to be singular? Expansions, maybe, but not teams that just move - look at the Nats! Also, I'd like to point out that you've done little to distance yourselves from Seattle, since their WNBA team is the Storm. Front-office idiots.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker