« Home | My last week of work at GD was hectic as hell. Bu... » | All you need to know about Sarah Palin:"I find her... » | I found another amazing guitar soloist who blows m... » | Last weekend, while Emily was taking an extended l... » | The OKC Thunder? Are you serious? Is this a new ... » | GD started blocking access to webmail today. *sig... » | Star Trek: The Experience closing down - CNN.com ... » | Oh snap! My dad is always right about these sorts... » | I finally got around to listening to the new Metal... » | Bring on The Fall! College football starts tonigh... »



My second week of work at Sedna went well. I've started to accumulate some assignments now too, so I have things to do on a daily basis. I've learned a lot so far. I even solved a problem all by myself on Friday! Yay!
Saturday Emily and I went apple picking at Stribling Orchard, which means we missed the GT beatdown of Duke. Hey, stop laughing! Don't underestimate Duke this year - David Cutcliffe has them paying well. We got a little confused in the orchard as to what variety of apples we were actually picking, but all the ones we came home with I'm sure will take great. We have plans for applesauce following Emily's grandfather's recipe, some baked apples, and possible a pie in the near future. In the mean time, it was nice just to get out of town for a few hours and get some exercise and fresh air.
Since we were already out in the middle of nowhere, we decided to take a detour to Winchester for a Sonic excursion. I know I'm not the only one who wishes there were a Sonic closer than an hour away (with no traffic). It's not like there aren't places to put one around here. And it's not like there aren't enough people with money around here to buy franchise rights. Let's get with the program here Sonic...
After the Sonic excursion, we came home on Route 7 through Leesburg, stopping for some goodies at Lola's bakery. My pumpkin muffin was awesome for breakfast this morning, and my cinnamon-chocolate cookie was really good too. And Emily assures me that her coconut cupcake was superb also. If you're into that kind of thing, the bakery is being featured on Rachel Ray's talk show in the near future. We also wandered around downtown briefly and managed to find the bed and breakfast where Tommy and Steph got married, which, despite the debilitating heat, we have very fond memories of.
Today we had a flag football game against Iowa. I'm less than thrilled with our new coaches this year. I won't go into all the details, but they just don't see very on top of things. Anyway, we won the game to improve to 3-0 on the season, though we haven't played any really tough teams yet either. Now we're just recovering getting ready for another week at work, but I'd say we had a pretty eventful weekend where we were really able to enjoy the beautiful weather. It's going to disappear before long, so I'm glad we could take advantage of it while we could.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker