« Home | In vaguely-sports-related news, Jeremy and his wif... » | I think it's interesting that 10 out of the 12 ACC... » | Mmmm, free circular brownies... I love how often I... » | Tom Davis came by the office today. Apparently, h... » | Not too much going on I suppose. Emily's job is g... » | Emily's first day or work with RAND starts today! ... » | Free strawberries dipped in dark chocolate is a pr... » | Oh it just gets better and better... Now there ar... » | The two people in the office next to mine have bee... » | Emily and I were talking about whatever happened t... »



I learned something interesting today. Apparently, the Rock Hyrax's closest living relative is not something that you might expect. You know, somehting small and fuzzy, like a groundhog perhaps. Nope, instead it's something big and relatively hairless, like an elephant. I dunno, I don't see the similarity, but it's hard to argue with genetics. In related news, I think I read this correctly, but somewhere recently, I read that humans and chimps actually have more genes in common than chimps and other primates. This is likely an indication that at some point when we split away from the rest of the great apes, we then split again into what would become modern day chimps and what would eventually become humans. I think this is fascinating personally, strange since I hated biology... Linko!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker