« Home | I learned something interesting today. Apparently... » | In vaguely-sports-related news, Jeremy and his wif... » | I think it's interesting that 10 out of the 12 ACC... » | Mmmm, free circular brownies... I love how often I... » | Tom Davis came by the office today. Apparently, h... » | Not too much going on I suppose. Emily's job is g... » | Emily's first day or work with RAND starts today! ... » | Free strawberries dipped in dark chocolate is a pr... » | Oh it just gets better and better... Now there ar... » | The two people in the office next to mine have bee... »



The last couple days have been pretty lousy. I discovered on Saturday that my car was leaking oil like a sieve. I had a couple other things I wanted to fix, so I finalyl broke down and took it to my mechanic. It's all fixed up now, but the cost has precluded any remaining shred of hope that I would be getting myself a new computer for my birthday. The most annoying thing is that I know I could do 95% of the work that they did by myself if I had a garage to work in instead of the frigid outdoors, and for probably a 1/4 of the cost. Obviously, my time is worth something, but certainly not $60/hour in labor. *sigh* I had a crappy day at work on Monday and I knew yesterday wasn't going to be any better. Nothing went right on Monday at all, so that was awesome. Yesterday, I spent the whole day at Lockheed an dI went out knowing that, even though it was supposed to be, nothing would have gotten set up yet. So my poor Navy witnesses were grumpy because I'm wasting their time trying to get my stuff set up. Oh well. I got my testing done eventually. I got my car back. Emily made a good dinner, and I got a good night's sleep last night. Today I have a big long meeting about signal processing, that I only vaguely understand. My DSP days were few in number, but since most of our signal processing is digital, I'm trying to understand it. Funcamentally, I understand what's going on, but when we get into the nitty gritty of what parameters are doing what, I get kind of lost. *shrug* I still have a ton of other stuff I need to get done this week. so hopefully, I'll have time to do it this afternoon and over the next couple days. Ben's been here the last couple days on spring break looking for a job. He was off to an interview this morning and I believe he's got one tomorrow as well, so things are at least progrerssing for him. Anyway, speaking of having lots to do, I'd better get back to it.

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker