« Home | I was supposed to meet my parents for lunch on Sat... » | It was fun to see Laura and Greg last night and Em... » | Well this is just a swell idea. I can't possibly ... » | The problem with this weather is that when you sle... » | It smells like fall! =) It's starting to cool of... » | It was a pretty eventful weekend. After my muscle... » | My "long overdue" (according to my managers) promo... » | How is it that rockstars always manage to make the... » | I meant to post this over the weekend, but I've be... » | In the immortal words of one Mr. Murtaugh, I'm get... »



Emily and I had dinner at Mike's in Springfield last night. We went there a couple months ago because we had a good coupon, but once we arrived we realized our coupon was only good M-Th and not the Saturday that we were there. But thanks to a salad snafu, we got free dessert and a reduced bill anyway. Since our coupons were expiring at the end of the month, we ventured back over after work. They were fresh out of the entree I wanted, so I got a ribeye steak instead (which is hard to complain about), but I really wanted the other thing and Emily had halibut which looked really yummy. Our salads arrived this time, and they make a darn good caesar salad over there. Then we tacked on two desserts. But with our coupons, and including tip, we got out of there for $40. That's a pretty good deal, and the food is pretty good, but I don't know that I would ever go there again without similar coupon savings. Fortunately, the service this time around was way better than the first time too. It's just that they have a relatively limited menu to begin with and then when things on it are unavailable, it's a little dissapointing. Or it might be worth going just for salad and dessert. I dunno. But we had a good date night and certainly got our money's worth out of them. Now I'm all hungry again. Good thing it's lunch time!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Adam
  • From Oakton, Virginia, United States
My profile

Twitter Updates

eXTReMe Tracker